Thursday, April 18, 2013

Let's Get Down to Business...

...no, not to defeat the Huns. That just happened to be in my head at the time. In all seriousness, #Trainwrecks, it's time for a little bit of Real Talk. For a few years (Two for me and four for Katie) #Trainwreck HQ was actually in the city of Boston & on Monday, I could have had 1000 people come up to talk to me, and I wouldn't have noticed. Instead, I was glued to Twitter, and Facebook where my friends were all checking in with one another.  Boston was home, and I really fell in love with that tiny, adorable city....lack of grid system and everything. : ) Which is why, when I heard this on the radio I just had to share it with all of you.

This is the National Anthem being sung at a Bruins/Sabres game at the Garden, this is also the first major event since Monday so just watch what happens.

Now, the video quality isn't the best, (go on HuffPost if you want the 'official' video) but even if you close your eyes and just listen, you can hear 17,000 people (and fans of two Hockey teams who were about to play against each other) coming together in a way that was just so pure and heartfelt  I definitely felt it, and I hope you do too.

My last note is just to say once more how much I love that city, my home away from home. I know deep in my soul that you'll stick together through all of this and come out wiser and (if possible) stronger than before.

Hey guy's, Katie here now. Nora pretty much said everything I wanted to say. Boston is my other home. I don't like to say second because I love it there as much as I love it in Chicago. It is the place that gave me a wonderful and weird family that I will have in my life forever. I truly do not know what my life would be without that place and those people. Boston made me a stronger and better person and I know that they will come out of this stronger and better than before. I want to tell all those miles away that I miss you dearly, and love you all, and that I am always in Boston in spirit.

Also, to all you readers out there, April 19th is "Wear 'Boston' Day." Someone, who I do not know, created an event on facebook and invited as many people as possible. Right now more than 75,000 people are said to be participating. Feel free to RSVP here. The event is basically saying to wear anything that says, "Boston" or that reminds you of Boston to show your support. It is just a small way to show unity and, as Patton Oswald put so nicely, "The good outnumber you, and we always will.”

As for us, We'll just be sitting 1,000 miles away trying to be Boston Strong <3



1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you both. You made me tear up reading that today. It really is our home and right now everyone is struggling a little but wear your Boston pride and know that everyone here is super thankful for all the support. Also, I miss you too <3

    ReplyDelete