Monday, November 18, 2013

NerdRage: It's a Wonderful Life Sequel

So it's Monday but this is not a Nerdgasm because Nerdgasms are supposed to make me happy and I am the opposite of happy. So, I thought to myself and asked what was the opposite of a Nerdgasm, and the answer is obviously NerdRage. Something that makes me so angry that I almost can't see straight, something that goes against everything that I believe in. So yes, I take to the internet to vent my frustrations. Don't act like you don't do the same thing. Crazy-Nerd-Rage is about half of the internet.
My NerdRage level hit an all-time high today when I found out that there is a sequel in the works to (one of my all-time favorite movies) "It's a Wonderful Life."
 Yes, that is the "It’s a Wonderful Life" from the 1940s. Yes, almost all of the stars are long dead. Yes, it had a complete ending that in no way lends itself to a sequel.
 So no, no Hollywood, I do not understand why you need to sequel a movie that was nominated for 6 Academy Awards the year it came out and since has been placed on AFI’s Top 100 Greatest Movies of All-Time. Unless you’re out of ideas and instead of coming up with another holiday movie that is basically the plot of "It’s a Wonderful Life" without actually being "It’s a Wonderful Life" you’ve just decided to say “Screw it! We’ll just make a sequel, those ALWAYS go well


In summary: Get your grubby, Hollywood hands off of my movie.

 
If you feel at all the same (or different, I know how the internet works), make sure to let us know on the different forms of social media:
Twitter: Andimatrainwrec (Katie), npalmerco08 (Nora)
Tumblr: Aaanndimatrainweck (official),  kahildreth (Katie), stillnuttypony (Nora)


 
 And yes we did just re-read that and said, "Who let's us talk to people!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment